Wednesday 14 January 2015


Magazine Font Ideas



The font which is used on the magazine is important to how successful the magazine and how well it looks. The font for the title of the magazine has to be big and bold as well as interesting. This is to ensure that people see the magazine if they are looking through all of the music magazines. None of the font that I have displayed have been made bold, meaning they are able to be thicker and bigger than currently shown. They are also all font size 20.

I will have to pick a different font for my title than the font that I will be using inside of the magazine. This is because they need to be used for different reasons, the font of the front cover will be to draw attention whilst the font inside will be to inform and entertain. The font inside has to be easy to read and not bold, as it needs to be grouped together and the font which I chose to make bold needs to stand out.

All 10 of the fonts that I have chosen I feel will work well with my magazine, but have mostly aimed for fonts to use for the title of my magazine. This is because I feel as though this is the most important when it comes to choosing fonts.

The font which I would like to use for my title is ‘Bernard MT Condensed’. I have chosen this as I feel this will be able to grab attention if made bold and bigger. Also, this font fits well with my magazine idea.

The font which I would like to use in my magazine is currently ‘Casper SF’. I feel as though this font is easy to read but not a font which is commonly used therefore meaning it is not ‘boring’.

1 comment:

  1. Some interesting font selections here and points made about their use. Well done.

    ReplyDelete